- 1 Perfect Pet All Weather Energy Efficient Dog Door
- 2 Why is This Product Here?
- 3 Check Carefully Because…
- 4 The MUST Know, True Facts About This Pet Door
- 5 What to Watch Out For With This Product
- 6 Crucial Tips
- 7 Benefits and Features (Pros)
- 8 Problems (Cons)
- 9 Warranty
- 10 Things To Be Aware Of
- 11 Possible Alternatives
- 12 Conclusion
If you have an active dog, you need to provide plenty of physical exercise. But you don’t always have the time or energy to walk your dog. If you have a fenced-in yard or an invisible fence, you could install a pet door so that your pup can head outside whenever they want. In fact, that’s only one of the many benefits of installing a pet door. Pet doors come in different sizes and work for both dogs and cats.
However, you might wonder whether a pet door is safe, secure, and energy-efficient. In this article, we’ll tell you more about the Perfect Pet All-Weather Energy Efficient Dog Door so that you can determine whether it’s the right product for your household.
Why is This Product Here?
The door also comes in several sizes to accommodate your pet. You can lock the door from the inside by inserting a flap that prevents your animal from escaping while keeping unwanted intruders out.
Check Carefully Because…
There are many pet doors on the market, so you’ll need to consider several factors before you buy it. With this specific pet door, you should keep these things in mind:
- It does not fit pets over 120 pounds
- The total frame height is only 27 ½ inches
- You can mount it on a door or a wall
- The largest flap size is 15 x 23.5 inches
The MUST Know, True Facts About This Pet Door
The soft dual magnetic flaps allow pets to come and go as they please. These flaps have heavy magnets to keep them in place when the door is not in use.
The waterproof construction keeps moisture out of your home. However, the versatile pet door is appropriate for any type of pet, including small cats or dogs that don’t have the strength to push open larger, heavier doors.
What to Watch Out For With This Product
Although this product comes in several sizes, it only accommodates pets up to 120 pounds. If you have an extremely large dog, you might not be able to use this product conveniently.
If you’re concerned about security, you should know that you can slide a panel into the pet door to prevent anyone or anything from opening it from the outside. The panel snaps into place and can’t be removed from the exterior. However, you would need to remove it from the inside to make the pet door accessible to your animal.
If you install the pet door so that the panel is on the outside, the product won’t be as secure. You’d be able to open it from the outdoors.
If you’re thinking about purchasing this product, here are some crucial tips that might come in handy:
- Make sure that you measure your pet and space before purchasing and installing this door. If you have more than one pet, you might want to purchase the size that accommodates the largest animal.
- The pet door comes with installation instructions. Read them thoroughly before you begin, and ensure that you have all the tools that you need available, including a jigsaw and drill.
- Measure the height from the floor to your pet’s shoulders to determine where to install the door. You should install the top about two inches higher than the height of your pet’s shoulders. However, the top of the pet door should be situated high enough so that the bottom is no less than 4 inches from the bottom of the door or wall.
- When deciding where to place the pet door, keep it away from areas where there are often high winds. You might need to spend some time outdoors to determine the best location for the pet door.
Benefits and Features (Pros)
The main benefits of this pet door include:
- Double flap keeps your home insulated.
- Comes with an extension kit to install the door in a wall instead of a door.
- Lightweight flaps are easy for even small animals to push open.
- Extra flaps can be purchased when they wear out.
- Made to fit any wall or door.
- Size chart makes it easy to determine what size door you need.
- Sleek and subtle door is minimalistic and aesthetically pleasing.
- Once it’s latched shut, it can’t be opened from the outside.
- 3-inch air pocket between the flaps prevents outside air from entering your home.
Like everything, this product is not perfect. Some of the complaints that consumers have had include:
- The vinyl flaps curl over time, rendering the seal useless. However, they are replaceable, which means that you can swap out the flaps without replacing the entire door.
- The product has stiff hairs that are intended to keep the flaps in place. Until you have broken in the door a bit, those hairs may prevent the flaps from falling back into their intended spot after your pet passes through the door.
- The pet door protrudes a bit from the wall or door that you install it in.
- Might not be ideal for an intense winter because the flaps are not incredibly secure.
- Heavy wind may blow the flaps open.
This product comes with a limited one-year warranty. The company also offers excellent customer service to help you with any questions or problems that you might have.
Things To Be Aware Of
If this pet door doesn’t seem right for your home, there are other options available. If you’re looking for a door that opens only for your pet, you might want to check into those that communicate with a chip in your pet’s collar or body, like this one. With animals that have trouble opening the flaps, you might want to opt for a screen door instead.