- 1 Wolfwill wireless dog fence & Collar
- 2 1. Description of Product
- 3 2. How the Product is Designed to Work
- 4 3. Look Out for the Following
- 5 4. Frequently Asked Questions by Customers
- 6 5. Crucial Tips Before Use
- 7 6. Testing the Operation of the Device
- 8 7. Benefits and Features (Pros) of the Updated Version
- 9 8. Positive Customer Reviews
- 10 9. Negative Customer Reviews
- 11 10. Conclusion
Allowing your pets to enjoy the freedom of running free on your property is lovely for them. But you worry about the dangers they may face when given such freedom. You may feel that they might wander off and become lost or that they might run into the road and get hit by a car.
Since your pet cannot fathom the dangers to himself while running free, a possible solution could be the use of an invisible dog fence.
1. Description of Product
Note: While Wolfwill’s customer service team is responsive to customer questions and concerns, you should also be aware of the following:
• Wolfwill is manufactured in China and does not have a strong presence on the Internet.
• Specially designed for dogs weighing over 20 pounds (up to a maximum of 120 pounds).
The Wolfwill product is designed to provide security for your pet as follows:
a. The safety zone is set up by you using a stable, wireless signal.
b. The distance the signal travels may be adjusted to suit your purpose, up to a maximum range of 500 meters (just over 1,600 feet).
c. The collar itself is water resistant and rechargeable.
d. The latest version of the product has added new and more advanced features than the previous version, as outlined below.
f. It is portable so that you may take it anywhere to set up a temporary boundary.
2. How the Product is Designed to Work
• Once your pet is fully trained to respond to the collar, it is an affordable way to turn your outdoor area into a safety zone.
• You determine the safety zone by setting the preferred boundaries for your pet.
• The boundaries are set up through the use of an underground wire. This wire is placed just beneath the surface area of the perimeter you establish as your chosen safety zone.
• The wire is then attached to the transmitter.
• At this point, your dog is ready to wear his Receiver Collar which, in turn, works with the transmitter to keep your pet safely within the established boundary zone.
• A warning tone will emit from the collar whenever your dog approaches too close to the edge of the perimeter. The tone changes to a “static correction” (electric shock) if he gets too close to the side of the safety zone.
• You have complete control of the static correction level. It should be set at a level you determine as best tolerated by your pet.
3. Look Out for the Following
Properly training your dog to respond to the collar is vital. Without proper training, your pet will leave the boundaries you have set for him. Your dog’s level of intelligence and personality traits will determine how well he learns the established limits for safe, long-term usage.
• Once accustomed to their boundary areas, it is essential to note that some pets will stubbornly refuse to leave it. This can occur even when you wish to take them on a walk or for a trip in your vehicle.
• To avoid causing your pet to be fearful of leaving his boundaries when prompted to do so by you, training must also include:
o A signal or word from you that it is okay to cross over the fence.
o For your pet to feel truly reassured that it is permissible to leave the boundary area (when prompted to do so by you), it is best to select just one specific spot, such as your driveway.
• Keep in mind that the collar should never be used continuously. Once your dog is inside, remove the collar from your furry friend immediately.
• To preserve battery life, remove the batteries when the collar is not in use.
4. Frequently Asked Questions by Customers
Question: To set the radius, do you use a remote, hand-held device?
- Answer: No, the device must be plugged into a wall system.
Question: Is it possible to adjust the perimeters? Example: Set at 400 feet in one direction and 200 feet in another direction.
- Answer: No, it sets a circular boundary in all directions.
Question: Is it possible to use this device in an enclosed, fenced-in area?
- Answer: Yes, provided the signal can reach the receiver. However, the signal might be blocked, which may cause the collar to activate its static correction feature.
Question: Is it possible to leave the unit plugged into the wall and use the battery as a backup?
- Answer: The system is not wireless; it must stay plugged into a wall outlet. Only the collar has a battery.
Question: Is it possible to use the receiver indoors?
- Answer: Yes, just adjust the appropriate range and keep it away from all metals.
Question: Will it work in sloping areas, such as when your home is on a hillside?
- Answer: Possibly. Just be aware of the degree of the slope and set the transmitter up higher than typically suggested. If the slope is extreme, it might not work.
Question: For two dogs, will it work with a collar on each dog?
- Answer: Yes.
Question: Does the transmitter need to be indoors, or can it be set up outside?
- Answer: The latest version can be used both inside your home as well as outside.
5. Crucial Tips Before Use
a) Test the boundary area of the transmitter before training your dog.
b) Adjust the boundary area by using the dial on the transmitter.
c) To ensure that the boundary is appropriately set, walk around the perimeter while holding the collar in your hand. Adjust as necessary.
d) The transmitter should be kept inside, on the first floor only, about 2-4 feet above the floor.
e) Be sure to keep the transmitter away from all metal objects as such objects interfere with the transmitter’s electromagnetic frequency.
f) The transmitter can be wall-mounted, but it is best to ensure that you have first tested and set the perimeter range before mounting.
6. Testing the Operation of the Device
Once items 7a-7f have been completed, you should test the system as follows:
a) Place transmitter 1.5m (about 60 inches) above the floor.
b) Use only in open areas to avoid interference caused by metals, vehicles, etc. Otherwise, your pet may be hurt.
c) If using indoors, use only in an open area to avoid interference from metals and other obstacles. Otherwise, your pet may be injured.
d) It is best to use outside whenever possible. Indoors, the range of the receiver may not function properly. Otherwise, your pet may be hurt.
e) On a regular basis, and for your pet’s comfort, the receiver must be moved to different positions on your dog’s neck as skin damage may occur. Never put the collar on your dog for more than 10 hours per day. Otherwise, your pet may be hurt.
f) Small dogs under 20 pounds should not use this device. Medium-sized dogs (over 20 pounds) may be unable to adapt to this system. Exercising extreme caution is advised.
g) Only use a fully charged battery. The collar MUST be charged for 4 hours. If used when the battery power is low, the device may only operate intermittently.
h) While the range of the equipment can be adjusted, the strength of the “static correction shock” cannot be changed. Also, the collar may beep and shock your pet while still within the boundary whenever the range is readjusted. Keep this in mind; otherwise, your pet may be hurt or injured.
7. Benefits and Features (Pros) of the Updated Version
The kit includes:
• An advanced transmitter with a built-in 2500mAh rechargeable battery. Unlike a cord-powered transmitter, it may be placed in numerous, convenient locations. This makes it perfect for indoor and outdoor usage. Enjoy it wherever you like – the garden, patio or even for a picnic in one of your favorite places.
• The stable wireless signal creates a safety zone for your dog. It has a maximum range of 500m and a minimum range of 20m from the transmitter. This allows your dog ample enough space for plenty of free movement. Flags and wiring are not required to operate.
• There are 100 levels of adjustable transmitter signals. You can set the intensity of the transmission to the level you desire.
• The model IP67 is water-resistant, dustproof, and rechargeable. The collar receiver, with its soft, adjustable collar strap is comfortable and suitable for almost all dogs within 20-120lb weight. It also holds up very well in varying weather conditions, such as, sunny, lightly raining, or even days when high winds blow dust particles over your property.
• Set up is easy, without the need for vast technical knowledge. Follow the instructions, step-by-step, and you’ll soon experience the joy of watching your pet play outdoors without leased or tied to a post or tree.
• Rest assured knowing that Wolfwill offers lifetime technical support along with friendly customer service.
8. Positive Customer Reviews
- Below is a sampling of positive reviews:
- According to reviews on several websites based on the experiences of numerous purchasers, many consumers had trouble keeping both collars charged. However, Wolfwill’s customer service was extremely responsive. After communicating with the merchant, these consumers received new collars in the mail.
- Dog owners with pups who attempt to hop over their regular fences around their homes said the product helped.
- While unplugging the transmitter, make sure the collar is removed from the dog as it will shock them.
- Customer service was excellent, speedy response time!
9. Negative Customer Reviews
Below is a sampling of critical reviews:
- According to multiple product reviews, the collar shocks pets when it is not supposed to do so. Also, the range you select will function inconsistently.
- Below is a sampling of critical reviews:
- It’s quite challenging to establish a boundary.
- Boundary areas do not work. Some clients’ poor pooches were shocked and cried out in pain whenever they were just a few feet from the house!
- Only 70 feet from the transmitter my dog was shocked. She cried and yelped in pain. I removed her collar immediately to give her relief. Then it was my turn to get shocked! Will never use this product again.
- Multiple frustrated users experienced problems with the range. Even when set far out, many reported their canine companions were shocked and cried miserably while still close to the house.
- It’s not a durable product. In fact, the Wolfwill system has failed many unfortunate reviewers just a couple of months after purchasing it.
- Waste of money.
- The product does not work as described per a multitude of reviews. According to some reviewers in the country, the collars will NOT work on the hill-side.
- The range is inconsistent.
- Instructions are poorly written and incredibly hard to understand. Some buyers were never able to get it to work.
- Numerous reviewers stated that they returned the product after discovering it was not what they had expected.
In this writer’s opinion, based on the negative reviews of this product, as stated above, I cannot recommend its usage. Perhaps in the future, the problems noted by consumers will be remedied. Until such time though, buyer beware.