WAHL Clipper Corporation was started by Leo J. Wahl in 1919 and has a long and interesting history. In 1911, when Leo was a junior in high school, he experimented with a vibrating electromagnetic motor. When he was an engineering student at the University of Illinois, he used that motor to design a vibrating medical massager and he and his uncle J. Frank Wahl began manufacturing and selling it.
A few years later, he took the premise from the massager and invented his first set of electromagnetic clippers. 100 years later the Wahl Corporation is still a leader in its industry. Gregory S. Wahl is president and CEO of the Wahl Clipper Corporation, USA.
Currently the company has 6 global manufacturing facilities, 11 sales offices, and over 1,800 employees worldwide including the United States, Australia, Canada, China, England, Germany, Holland, Hungary, and Japan, and their products are sold in approximately 165 countries.
They still carry massagers, but have added other lines that include, haircutting, trimming, shaving, toiletries, and pet grooming. Their pet grooming line includes many products to get and keep your pet looking and smelling wonderful.
Why Is This Product Here?
The Wahl Corporation knows that having a pet, means taking care of them. One of the main things people with pets do to help them stay healthy and happy is to keep them clean and groomed. In order to do that you need quality equipment. Walh, one of the leaders in the clipper industry, manufactures many pet grooming tools to choose from.
One of their best-selling pet products is the Wahl Professional Animal KM2 2-Speed Pet, Dog, and Horse Clipper Kit. They designed this clipper to specifically aid professionals as well as pet owners in keeping their animals well groomed. It is easy to handle and is good for use on all types of coats. The product application includes all animal coats- dogs, cats, horses, and large animals:
- Thick coats
- Coarse coats
- Matted coats
- Complete shaves
- Full body clipping
- Precise small area clipping
- Show cuts
- German engineered for maximum performance
- Rotary motor does not need to be greased and perfect for all coats
- 2 speed settings to choose from so your job will be easier and more precise
- Quiet when clipping so you can carry on a conversation and it does not scare your pet
- Delivers constant speed control aiding in smooth, consistent cutting performance
- Constant torque automatically delivers more power
- Designed to produce low vibration to help fight operator fatigue
- Impact resistant so it will hold up to years of use
- 7.5 volts/115 watts
- Fits a standard US 120V outlet so it does not need special wiring
- Detachable #10 Ultimate Competition Series Blades
- Made of high quality hardened stainless steel
- Durable and long-lasting offers years of usage
- Operates 2.5 times faster than the Original Wahl Competition Blades
- Designed for easy glide and smooth cut
- Perfect for clipping and trimming all animal coats
- Light-weight at 13 oz, alleviates wrist fatigue
- Comes in a sleek black color
- 7.5 inches long perfect for easy handling
- Correctly balanced design for comfort and control
- Chemical resistant so it will not fade or discolor from years of use
- Rounded front housing to keep the hair from clogging the blades
- Midnight chrome finished blades
- 16-foot power cord gives plenty of length to enable movement around pet
- Easily removed for cleaning
- Easily oiled while in use
- Virtually maintenance free
- Rotary motor does not require greasing
- Cool-running motor to keep your hand from getting hot while under normal use
- Motor is manufactured to produce low noise for ease of conversation and less anxiety for the animal
Check carefully because
- Even though the Wahl Professional Animal KM2 2-Speed Clipper is manufactured in Hungary, it is made for a standard US 110V outlet and is not designed for use in other countries. Check to see which clippers are manufactured for your specific country’s electrical specifications.
- Wahl’s blades are made from hardened stainless steel and work best when oiled properly. While clipping your animal, the blades must be kept lubricated in order to keep from dulling prematurely and to continue to have a smooth, gliding cut. Wahl recommends using a 5-point oiling system with a high-quality blade oil, available where other Wahl products are sold.
The 5-point oiling system includes-
- Putting one drop of oil on each side of the blade
- Putting three drops of oil along the top of the blade
- Let the clippers run for approximately 10 seconds to ensure oil has penetrated throughout the blades
- Resume clipping
- OR if finished using the clippers, repeat the above steps
- Turn off and wipe away residue with a clean soft cloth before storing
The MUST Know True Facts About Wahl Professional Animal KM2 2-Speed Pet, Dog, and Horse Clipper Kit
The Wahl Professional Animal KM@ 2-Speed Clipper Kit is currently a top-seller and is not just for dogs. These lightweight, easy to handle clippers are designed to cut through even the thickest, coarsest coats making them perfect for full body clipping of dogs, cats, horses and other large animals.
- These clippers are lightweight and comfortable. They are easy to handle and are designed to be easy on the wrist and grip so they can be used for long periods of time.
- The sleek black exterior exhibits a timeless style that will not fade with time or use.
- The 16-foot cord allows for enough room to maneuver around even large animals for ease of clipping without having to move the animal or relocate the plug.
- The rotary motor is excellent for all coats, whether it be the fine hair of a horse, the thick matted hair of a dog or even the long wool of a sheep. This is the perfect choice for any pet or animal you may have.
- Constant speed and torque deliver constant power to steadily glide through even the toughest coats
- The motor has 2-speeds- low boosts 3000 SPM and high boosts 4000 SPM, giving you the control to choose how much speed you need for the job.
- Low vibration makes the clippers easy to hold without causing hand fatigue and reduces the sound, so the clippers do not frighten the animals.
- The housing is designed to be impact resistant, because we all know things get dropped from time to time.
- It is also chemical resistant so the use of oil and cleaners will not harm the housing.
- Wahl offers a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty on all their products.
- The blades included are Wahls Ultimate Competition #10 Detachable Blade Set.
- The #10 blades are designed for a full body cut for all hair types and animals making them very versatile.
- This blade provides a close even cut leaving the hair 1/16-inch long.
** although not included in the kit, Wahl manufacturers a Professional Animal Stainless Steel Guide Comb set which is compatible with the #10 detachable blades. These guide combs let you further customize your cut by leaving the hair anywhere for 1/8-inch to 1-inch long.
- These blades are made of a high quality, hardened stainless steel, which provides an easy glide and consistent cut.
- The blades are made to hold an edge with proper maintenance but can be sharpened extending the use for years.
- These blades operate 2.5 times faster than Wahl’s original Competition Blades making them more efficient, cutting your clipping time in half.
- The blades are removed easily for changing and cleaning as needed.
- There is a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty on the blades.
- 30-day no questions asked money back guarantee. Wahl wants you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you are not satisfied for any reason, they will refund your money.
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty- if the product fails to operate properly within the 2-years, under normal use, they will either repair the product or replace it (Wahl’s discretion) and return it to you free of charge.
What to watch out for with the Wahl Professional Animal KM2 2-Speed Pet, Dog, and Horse Clippers
There have been some complaints as to the clippers not cutting through thick or matted hair as they claim they will. If you find this to be the case with your clippers, make sure your blades are sharp. If they still do not cut as they as supposed to, do not be afraid to contact Wahl directly at https://wahlusa.com/support. They may be able to help you with a quick fix or you may have to use your warranty to have them repaired or replaced.
-Keeping your clippers in good condition will extend their life. When you finish using them, brush any excess hair from the blades, oil them using the 5-point system and then using a clean soft cloth wipe the blades as well as the clippers to remove any excess oil, hair, or dirt. Store them in a clean dry place away from humidity.
-As with most warranties, you must register your product with Wahl before your warranty goes into effect. You can do this at https://wahlusa.com/support/product-registration. There you will fill out a form with basic information such as the product model number, date of purchase, amount paid, and your personal information. Once your clippers are registered, your 30-day product guarantee as well as your 2-year warranty go into effect.
What is included in the Wahl Professional Animal KM2 2-Speed Pet, Dog and Horse Clipper Kit
- Professional 2-speed clipper with 16-foot heavy duty power cord
- #10 Ultimate Competition Series detachable blade set
- Cleaning brush and blade oil to keep your blades in top notch condition
Benefits and Features
- Clip in half the time of other clippers due to the Ultimate Competition Series blades
- Quiet motor, which is great for skittish animals, and carrying on conversations while clipping
- Easy to use-even for inexperienced pet owners
- High quality and speedy enough for professional use
- Detachable blades for easy removal for cleaning and sharpening
- Easily oiled using the 5-point system
- Lightweight for easy maneuverability and comfort
- Extra-long cord keeps it from getting tangled or in the way, even when clipping large animals
- Sleek black color-always a classic
- Constant speed controls vibration, keeping it to a minimum
- 2 speeds to fit the style you need for the job
- Steadily glides through all types of coats
- A bit pricey as compared to some clippers
- Only comes in one color
- The DVD is for clipping horses only
If you are looking for a great all-around clipper, the Wahl Professional Animal KM2 2-Speed Pet, Dog, and Horse Clipper Kit is a great investment. You can use it on all your pets and can rest assured that it will do a great job. The KM2 is perfect for a full body clip as well as trimming the feet, face and ears. It is durable enough to use all day, yet light enough to keep your hand and wrist from becoming fatigued. The rotary motor, good for all hair types, is maintenance free which makes for easy care. This clipper was designed for professionals as well as pet owners to be able to properly and easily groom their pets, leading to a healthy happy lifestyle.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Question: Why can’t I use these clippers in New Zealand?
Answer: They are made to fit a common 120V US plug. You will need to find clippers that are compatible with the wiring in your country. It might be that you could use an adaptor, but you will need to make sure it is safe and meets all safety codes first.
Question: We raise Alpacas and need to groom them about twice a year. Their hair is very dense and coarse. Do you think the Wahl Professional Animal KM2 2-Speed Clippers will hold up to clipping our heard?
Answer: Yes, the KM2 clippers will definitely cut Alpaca hair. The constant speed control will help the blades glide through the coarse hair so that it doesn’t grab and pull it like many other clippers will, making it a much better experience for both you and your Alpacas.
Question: I have used my clippers several times, but I am starting to notice that they are grabbing the hair on my dog’s coat as I am clipping him. Do you think I need new blades, or can these be sharpened? Can I sharpen them like I do my knives?
Answer: Yes, when the blades begin grabbing the hair, it means they have become dull, and they need to be sharpened. No, you cannot sharpen them like you do a knife. They must be sent to a professional to be sharpened. You can check in your area to see if there are any blade sharpening companies close to take them to. If not, you may have to mail them to someone to have them sharpened. Wahl has a list of places you can take or send your blades to be sharpened, I have added the list here for your convenience.
9925 Bruce Lane
Denver, CO 80260
Fort Worth Shaver & Appliance
1900 Montgomery St
Fort Worth, TX 76107
P.O. Box 139
Knox City, MO 63446-0139
50 Stout Valley Rd
Easton, PA 18042
120 4th Street
Mt. Wolf, PA 17347-9771
Professional Products & More!
9350 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, Ste E
San Diego, CA 92123
Ryan’s Pet Supplies
1805 East McDowell Road
Phoenix, AZ 85006
Wahl Service Center
3001 N. Locust St
Sterling, IL 61081
M-F — 7:30 am to 4:30 pm CST
Question: My horse is scared of everything. I have tried several other clippers and the noise they make scares him and he jerks and tries to rear up. These clippers are supposed to be quiet. What if I buy them and they scare him like all the other I have bought? Can they be returned?
Answer: I cannot tell you for sure that these clippers won’t scare your horse. I can tell you that they are extremely quiet and with some slow steady work, you may be able to convince your horse that they will not harm him. But, if he is scared and you cannot use them on him, Wahl will take them back and refund your money within the first 30 days after purchase. You must go online and register your product. That is an important step, because they won’t know when your 30 days is in effect if you haven’t registered them.
Question: This may be a dumb question, but is it okay to use the same pair of clippers on my dog and my sheep? Will it hurt the clippers to do different animals or should I get a pair of clippers for each breed?
Answer: It is fine to use the same clippers on different types of animals. It is not going to hurt the clippers or blades in any way. I would be cautious and clean the blades when going from one animal to the next to keep from spreading any illness or skin condition that one might have. For example, sheep commonly have ringworms. If you shear a sheep that has a ringworm, and them clip your dog with the same blades without cleaning them first, it is very likely that your dog will develop ringworm as well.
Question: I have some clippers that I have used on my dogs in the past, but I don’t like them because after I use them for a while, the blades get hot enough to leave red marks on his skin. I can’t find any where that says these blades either do or do not do this. Do you know if the blades on these KM2 clippers will get hot enough to burn my dog?
Answer: These clippers run cool, and I have not seen where anyone has complained about that specifically, so my answer would tend to be no, they should not get hot enough to burn your dog. But, with that being said, all motors when run long enough will create heat. I would test them every so often to make sure they are not getting hot, so you don’t burn your dog if they do heat up.
Question: I dropped my clippers on the concrete twice the last time I used them. They are still working but are making a funny noise. What should I do?
Answer: You need to contact Wahl at https://www.wahlanimal.com/resources/service-repair so they can tell you what you should do. My guess is that they will try to troubleshoot and see if they can help you, and if not, you may need to send them in to be repaired.
Question: The KM2 clippers are kind of expensive. I have never paid that much for clippers before. What is the life expectancy of this set of clippers?
Answer: With proper maintenance and care, your KM3 clippers should last for several years. It is hard to put a number on that because of the variables in the equation. The amount of time they last depends on how often they are used and how well they are take care of. They are good quality and are manufactured with care, so they have the possibility of lasting a long time.
Question: Does this clipper come with a cordless option?
Answer: No, this clipper comes with a 16-foot heavy duty cord.
Question: Can these blades be used on other brands of clippers?
Answer: Yes, the Wahl Ultimate Competition Series Detachable Blade fits most Andis and Oster detachable-style clippers.
Question: Where are these blades made?
Answer: The Wahl Ultimate Competition Series Detachable Blade is manufactured in the United States of America.
Question: I have #10 blades from other clippers I have owned. Will they fit on these clippers and if so, is it okay to use them or will it cause a problem?
Answer: These clippers should support any detachable #10 blades. If they fit, it will not hurt anything to use them.
Question: I have three Standard Poodles with extremely curly hair. EVERY other clipper I have tried gets clogged, overheats and will not cut through their hair. Will this clipper cut through the thick curly hair without clogging up the blades?
Answer: Yes, this is definitely the clipper for your dogs. The torque keeps the speed at a constant level which keeps the stainless-steel blades gliding right through even the thickest, curliest, most matted hair you could imagine. They won’t grab or pull your dogs hair either. These clippers are made for a professional cut no matter what hair type they have.
Question: Is I okay to use these clippers on a wet animal? After I wash my sheep it is really hard to get their wool dry, so if I could shear them wet it sure would speed things up.
Answer: You should always use clippers on a clean dry animal. Shearing or clipping a wet coat is very hard on the blades and will make it uncomfortable for your animal as well because the blades will not glide smoothly through their hair. Taking the time to first wash then dry your animal thoroughly will ensure that you end up with a great cut every time.
- Prepare your pet’s coat for clipping by washing, and drying it thoroughly.
- Remove as many mattes, and as much debris, such as stickers, as possible.
- Make sure your pet is secure by standing him on a smooth, flat surface and securimg him by a lead or a helper.
- Pull the skin tight as you clip to provide a smooth surface for the blades to glide across.
- Do not clip into folds of the skin as that will almost always result in injury to the animal.
- Properly lubricate the blades while clipping so they will continue to glide, ensuring a smooth, even clip.
- Clean and store the blade and clippers after each use.
Question: I have the KM2 Clippers with the #10 blade, but I want to leave my collie’s hair a little longer for the winter. Do I need to get a different set of blades?
Answer: There are different blades you can get to give you a longer clip. Depending on how long you want to leave the hair, buying guide combs might be the best way to go. Wahl makes professional grade stainless-steel guide combs that fit over your existing blades and, depending on which guide comb you use, will leave the hair any where between 1/8-inch and 1 inch long.